Tuesday, March 2, 2010

blog #3

Freire mentions "The teacher presents himself to his students as necessary opposite; by considering their ignorance absolute, he justifies his own existence." I feel that Freire is saying that students are stupid and can not learn without teachers. I think he is also saying that students may not like teachers but they have to deal with them in order to be educated. I noticed that Freire refers to teachers as males. He always use he, him, or himself when referring to a teaching in this quote as well as throughout the paper. Is Freire sexiest, or does he think males make better teachers than females? After paraphrasing the quote, i feel that Freires' tone may be somewhat snobby. It seems to me that Friere looks at teachers as a character of great prestige and royalty, while students are looked at as lowly peasants.

1 comment:

  1. You introduce the quote and punctuate it correctly. Now you just need a page number in parentheses for an in-text citation.

    ReplyDelete